The Australian Government Department of Health (Department of Health) has issued a Disability Provider Alert with updated information for disability providers.
- The Department of Health has issued a new Disability Provider Alert.
- The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation’s (ATAGI) have provided advice about the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the context of the COVID-19 delta strain outbreak.
- Vaccines are available to all disability support workers and to people with disability.
- Priority vaccinations for disability workers, carers and persons with disability are now available in Western Australia until Sunday 1 August 2021.
Department of Health provider alert (19 July 2021)
The Department of Health has issued a COVID-19 vaccination – Disability Provider Alert 19 July 2021.
The alert contains important information about the continued rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine, including:
- An important message for people in Greater Sydney, NSW from Dr Lucas de Toca
- Advice from ATAGI about the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the context of an outbreak of the COVID-19 delta strain. Anyone who has received an AstraZeneca vaccine more than 4 weeks ago should arrange their second dose as soon as possible
- Vaccines are available to all disability support workers and to people with disability. Find the nearest vaccination clinic through the eligibility checker
- Priority vaccinations for disability workers, carers and persons with disability are now available in Western Australia, until Sunday 1 August 2021. Register on VaccinateWAor by calling 13 COVID (13 26843) prior to attending the clinic. This will make the process at the clinic quicker, but an appointment is not needed.
These alerts aim to ensure that disability service providers have the latest information about the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines for people with disability. You are encouraged to share these alerts with your workers, so that they are informed about any changes and know where to find relevant information.
You can find resources and information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout from the Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 vaccine webpages for disability services providers and people with disability. They have now created a dedicated vaccine information webpage for disability workers.